American Reports Record July Traffic, Capacity
Consolidated system traffic for the airline was a record 21.8 billion revenue passenger miles, or RPMs, up 4.8% from 20.8 billion in the same period last year. Consolidated capacity was a record 24.9 billion available seat miles, or ASMs, a 2.2% increase from 24.4 billion last July. Both traffic and capacity were the highest the airline has ever reported for the month of July.
The carrier’s consolidated load factor was 87.3%, up 2.2 percentage points from 85.1% in July 2014.
The airline said it expects consolidated passenger revenue per available seat mile, or Prasm, for the third quarter of the year to be down by approximately 6% to 8%.
The Fort Worth-based company operates both American Airlines and US Airways, and was formed by the merger of AMR Corp. and US Airways Group in December 2013.
The company only released consolidated results and did not break down reporting between American Airlines and US Airways. July 2015 is the 19th full month following the merger in which the two airlines operated under one corporate umbrella. US Airways will be officially shuttered on October 17, 2015.
(Photo: Accura Media Group)
- American Airlines Reports Traffic Increase for August
- American Airlines Reports Increase in July Traffic
- American Sees Record Traffic for October
- American Airlines Group Reports Slight Increase in Traffic and Capacity for October
- American Reports Rise in November Traffic, Expects Drop in Prasm for Q4