Virgin Atlantic Launches World Elite MasterCard with Bank of America
Virgin Atlantic and Bank of America announced the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic World Elite MasterCard credit card. With the new card, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club members will receive three miles for every dollar spent on Virgin Atlantic purchases, and 1.5 miles per dollar for all other purchases.
Cardholders can earn up to 40,000 bonus miles in the first year by hitting certain thresholds. A cardholder will receive 20,000 bonus miles after the first purchase, up to 15,000 annual bonus miles after every anniversary, and up to 5,000 bonus miles for adding additional cardholders to existing accounts.
Cardholders can also earn tier points which count towards Flying Club Gold or Silver status. One tier point is earned for every $2,500 in purchases, with a maximum of two per month. To ascend to Silver status, cardholders need to earn 15 tier points, and from there, an additional 25 tier points in a year to ascend to Flying Club Gold.
The card also provides access to MasterCard Priceless Cities, a program that offers customers access to specific experiences in their home cities and around the world including concerts, restaurants, museums, and sporting events.
(Photo: Accura Media Group)
- Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, and Virgin Australia Link Frequent Flyer Programs
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club to Become Chase Ultimate Rewards Partner
- Virgin America Revamps Elevate Frequent Flyer Program
- Delta Acquires 49% Stake in Virgin Atlantic, Partnership to Start July 3
- American Express Offering 40% Transfer Bonus for British Airways, 30% for Virgin America