NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Frequent Business Traveler Attend the GlobeRunner Awards Contest (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia), and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and who did not purchase any equipment for purposes of entering the Promotion. Void in Quebec, outside the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and Canada, and where prohibited by law. Employees of Accura Media Group and its respective agencies, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial and local laws and regulations. The Promotion consists of a game of skill (the “Contest”).
2. Sponsor: Accura Media Group LLC. 1992 Commerce Street, Suite 215, Yorktown Heights, N.Y. 10598 U.S.A.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Promotion, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Whether an entrant receives a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is not required to review or respond to any correspondence received from an entrant regarding the Promotion. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries, and proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
4. Timing: The Promotion begins on June 18, 2014 at noon. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on July 10, 2013 at noon ET (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
5. How to Enter the Contest: There is one (1) way to enter. The entry requires three steps on a single web form.
(a) Register for the Promotion: During the Promotion Period, visit http://www.frequentbusinesstraveler.com/attend-the-2013-globerunner-awards-contest/ (the “website”), and follow the instructions.
There are three steps to entering the contest. First, write a one-paragraph essay on the topic listed. Second, complete the information required for a complimentary subscription to Frequent Business Traveler Weekly, and third, click “submit” to enter
Limit: You may only enter once during the Promotion Period.
For all registrations: Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sponsor has no obligation to notify the participant of a disqualified entry or disqualification of the participant.
6. Contest Winner Determination: Contest winners will be determined via the process set forth below.
(a) Judging Phase: Those entries with the best essays and made eliglble for the drawing of the Grand Prizes.
(b) Grand Prize Contest: From the segregated entries, up to 20 entrants shall be chosen at random to win a Grand Prize.
7. Sweepstake Winner Determination: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of the potential Promotion winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. The odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received.
8. Winner Notification: All potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules; and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
(a) Contest Winners: The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by mail, e-mail or phone at the choice of the Sponsor on or around July 14, 2013.
The potential Grand Prize winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) may, at the option of the Sponsor, be required to execute and return to Administrator, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential Contest winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize will go un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s, name, city, state, province, territory, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Promotion, worldwide, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law.
(a) Contest Prizes: TWENTY (20) FIRST GRAND PRIZE: an invitation to the 2013 GlobeRunner Awards event on July 17, 2013 in New York City.
Travel, airfare, lodging and other costs are not included.
All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the prize package description above, including but not limited to ground transportation, meals (except what is served at the event), incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes, or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Unless child of winner, travel companion(s) must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel at the same time as the winner. If winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, at least one (1) travel companion must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. Travel companion(s) must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. If applicable, winner and travel companion(s) are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen travel vouchers or certificates. If applicable, Sponsor is not responsible if any scheduled events are delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion(s) of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $100 USD. Limit: One (1) grand prize per person/winner.
For all Prizes: The ARV of prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value should it become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, the applicable winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Promotion.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in Westchester County, New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
15. Winner List: Winner’s List Requests will only be accepted after the Promotion end date listed above and no later than July 30, 2013. For the winner’s list, send an e-mail with Subject Line: “Frequent Business Traveler 2013 GlobeRunner Awards Contest” to firstname.lastname@example.org