JetBlue Sees Slight Traffic Increase but Drop in Load Factor in February
The New York-based airline’s passenger traffic for the month was 3.457 billion revenue passenger miles, or RPMs, a year-over-year increase of 0.1% from 3.454 billion RPMs in the same period last year.
The carrier’s capacity also increased, up 0.7% to 4.183 billion available seat miles, or ASMs, from 4.155 billion ASMs in February 2016.
JetBlue’s passenger load factor for the month was 82.6%, a 0.5 percentage point decrease from 83.1% last February.
The airline said its revenue per available seat mile for Q1 is expected to be down between 4% to 5% and that March RASM will likely fall 6 percentage points due to the placement of Easter and Passover holidays, which this year fall in April.
(Photo: Accura Media Group)
- JetBlue Reports Increase in Traffic, Load Factor for September
- Southwest Sees Increase in Traffic, Slight Drop in Load Factor in October
- American Sees Slight Increase in May Traffic, Drop in Load Factor
- JetBlue Sees Increase in Capacity, Load Factor for October
- United Airlines Sees Drop in Load Factor and Traffic for May