Southwest Reports Decline in Load Factor for January, Forecasts Drop in RASM in Q1
Southwest Airlines announced operational results for January 2017.
The carrier’s total system traffic was 9.35 billion RPMs, or revenue passenger miles, a year-over-year increase of 4.6% from 8.94 billion RPMs in January 2016.
The airline reported a total system capacity of 12.27 billion ASMs, or available seat miles, up 6.2% from 11.54 billion the previous January.
Meanwhile, Southwest’s load factor for the month dropped, down to 76.3% from 77.5% the preceding January, a 1.2 percentage point decrease.
The carrier also forecast a drop of 1% in RASM for the first quarter of this year.
(Photo: Accura Media Group)
- Southwest Experiences Drop in July Load Factor, Forecasts Further Drop in Q3 Revenue
- Southwest Reports Rise in December and Full-Year Traffic but Drop in Load Factor
- Southwest Sees Increase in Traffic, Slight Drop in Load Factor in October
- Southwest Airlines Reports Record Load Factor for Month of November
- JetBlue Reports Decline in Load Factor in May