Frankfurt Airport Sees Decrease in Traffic and Aircraft Movements
Fraport AG, the owner and operator of Frankfurt Airport, announced traffic figures for May 2016.
The airport’s passenger traffic for the month decreased 5.5% year-over-year. Fraport attributed the decline to “ongoing restraint in holiday travel,” especially to places in Turkey and along the Mediterranean coast of Northern Africa.
Aircraft movement at the airport was down, by 3.5%, to 41,181 takeoffs and landings.
The airport also reported a drop in maximum takeoff weight, with a decrease of 1.5% to more than 2.6 million metric tons.
Cargo at Frankfurt Airport, which includes air freight as well as airmail, decreased by 1.3%, down to 177,536 metric tons.
(Photo: Accura Media Group)
- Frankfurt Airport Sees New Daily Passenger Record in August
- Frankfurt Airport Traffic Up for January Thanks to Rise in Intercontinental Traffic
- Frankfurt Airport Traffic Up for February Thanks to Rise in Domestic and Tourist Destination Traffic
- Frankfurt Airport Traffic Hits Record High in July
- Frankfurt Airport Reports Traffic Up in June