Southwest Airlines Reports Increase in Traffic and Capacity for December and 2015
The carrier’s total system traffic was 10.021 billion RPMs, or revenue passenger miles, a year-over-year increase of 8.6% from 9.224 billion RPMs in December 2014. Consolidated system capacity for the month was 12.073 billion ASMs, or available seat miles, up 8.3% from 11.152 billion last December.
Meanwhile, passenger load factor was up slightly, rising 0.3 percentage points to 83% from 83.7% last December.
For calendar year 2015, the airline reported 118.17 billion RPMs, a 6.9% year-over-year increase, and 117.5 billion ASMs, an 8.8% increase. The carrier’s load factor set a record at 83.6%, an increase of 1.1 percentage points over the prior year.
(Photo: Accura Media Group)
- United Reports Increase in December Traffic, Capacity
- Delta Sees Increase in December Traffic, Capacity, Load Factor but Prasm is Down
- Southwest Reports March Traffic and Prasm Increase
- United Reports Modest Increase in August Traffic and Capacity
- Southwest Sees Increase in Traffic, Capacity for August