JetBlue’s December Prasm Down 5%, Traffic, Capacity, and Load Factor Up for the Year
The New York-based airline’s passenger traffic for the month was 3.8 billion revenue passenger miles, or RPMs, a year-over-year increase of 11.3% from 3.414 billion RPMs in December of last year. The carrier’s capacity also increased, up 9.5% to 4.58 billion available seat miles, or ASMs, from 4.183 billion ASMs in December 2014.
JetBlue’s passenger load factor for the month was 83%, a 1.4 percentage point increase from 81.6% in the same month the previous year. The company also reported a preliminary 5% drop in passenger revenue per available seat mile, or Prasm, for the month.
Passenger traffic for the year was 41.711 billion RPMs, a 10.3% increase from 37.813 billion in 2014. The airline also saw a 9.5% increase in capacity, with 49.258 billion ASMs, up from 44.994 billion in 2014. JetBlue’s load factor for the year was 84.7%, a 0.7 percentage point year-over-year increase.
(Photo: Accura Media Group)
- Delta Sees Increase in December Traffic, Capacity, Load Factor but Prasm is Down
- JetBlue Load Factor, Prasm Up in March
- JetBlue Reports Increase in Traffic, Load Factor for September
- United Reports Drop in Traffic, Capacity, and Load Factor for March
- United Reports Increase in December Traffic, Capacity