Frankfurt Passenger Traffic Up in First Quarter
Fraport AG, the operator of Frankfurt Airport, announced airport performance results for the first quarter of 2014, as well as for the month of March.
Passenger traffic for the first quarter of the year was approximately 12.2 million passengers, an increase of 2% over the same quarter in 2013. Fraport also reported a 0.9% year-over-year increase in passenger traffic for March, up to 4.5 million passengers.
This growth in traffic occurred despite various factors that would have been thought to lower traffic for the quarter and month, such as the two-day strike that airport employees staged in February, as well as the fact that Easter and Passover, a period of heavy travel, fall in April this year as opposed to March as they did last year.
The number of aircraft movements for the first quarter was up 1.1% year-over-year to 107,092 takeoffs and landings. Aircraft movements for the month of March rose by 2.4% year-over-year to 38,104 takeoffs and landings.
Frankfurt Airport reported a 4% year-over-year increase in cargo tonnage for the first quarter of 2014, with 522,026 metric tons of cargo passing through the airport. Cargo tonnage for March 2014 also increased year-over-year by 3.2% to 201,806 metric tons.
(Photo: Accura Media Group)
- Frankfurt Passenger Traffic Up for 2013, Counts on More Growth for 2014
- Frankfurt Passenger Traffic Up for 2012, Airport Sees Record 57.5 Million Passengers
- Frankfurt Airport Summer Schedule to Go Into Effect This Weekend
- New York’s Airports See Record Passenger Traffic in 2013
- Aeromexico Profit Soars 72% in Fourth Quarter