Lobby Bar – December 27: Stalking Santa, Flying Cars, Shipment Shenanigans, and an Innocent Massage
The Lobby Bar – A Weekly Summary of Frequent Business Traveler News and Views
To: you. From: us. For Festivus, we’re giving you the gift you gave us: the most popular articles of 2013. No, that doesn’t make us re-gifters. You’ve just been watching too much Seinfeld.
Tough choices made easy. Lufthansa employees in France went on strike this week, protesting the airline’s upcoming personnel cutbacks by collaboratively calling in sick for work. I guess we know who will be let go first.
Unbreakable tradition. ‘Tis the season to dine alone and pretend you have real live friends. Join Miss Sophie and James on New Years Eve and you won’t be the only one drinking your weight.
The underdog. Heavy volume and inclement weather were responsible for many UPS and FedEx holiday package delivery delays. Good thing that Santa uses DHL.
Revenge stalking. Speaking of Santa, Boeing introduced a Santa Tracker site for children of all ages. Finally, we can spy a little on the man who knows whether we’ve been naughty or nice. A little help from NSA?
Choose your destiny. For the visual learners, we’ve created an overview of 2013 in pictures. For the kinesthetic learners, expect an interpretive mail-order massage in the next couple of days. Of course, there may be delays.
Back to the Future. American Airlines is returning to banked flight schedules saying it will give flyers more options for connections. It is now searching for an OJ Simpson look-alike to run through the airport.
(Photo: Accura Media Group)
- Lobby Bar – December 19: Macadamia Melancholy, Pac-Man tries Ravioli, XXXL Santa, and Oui Drive
- Lobby Bar – December 12: Frequent Poetry Traveler, Nuts About Nuts, Gifting Baby Sheep, and Why Santa is Fat
- Lobby Bar – December 13: Getting on Santa’s Naughty List, the Statute of Time Traveling Limitations, Mr. T Speaks Out on In-flight Calling, and Bumper Bars with BMWs
- Lobby Bar – December 20: A Very FBT Holiday, Santa’s Burden, An Ottoman For a Friend, and Morning Jogs
- Lobby Bar – September 19: When Cows Fly, Utopian Cars, Internet Truth Serum, and Propositions in Envelope