American Revamps Fare Structure
The complete program is as follows:
- Choice – the lowest economy fare. No enhancements but these can be purchased at addition cost.
- Choice Essential – $68 surcharge. Ticket can be changed at no charge, non-elite flyers get one checked bag (elite status fliers get a free third bag), Group 1 boarding.
- Choice Plus – $88 surcharge. All Choice Essential benefits plus a 50% AAdvantage mileage bonus, free Same-Day Flight Change and Same-Day Standby, plus a complimentary alcoholic beverage in flight.
- Fully Flexible – fare varies. All Choice Plus benefits plus PriorityAAccess boarding and security lines, an additional checked back, fully refundable fare, seating in American’s Main Cabin Extra premium economy section, and the opportunity to receive a 500-Mile Upgrade after all AAdvantage elite members have been upgraded.
- Business and First – fare varies. All first- or business-class benefits and first- and business-class seats will be available on some flights with Instant Upgrade fares that can be viewed on the AA.com Lowest Fare tab.
The new fare structure is being offered for domestic travel within the lower 48 states.