Lobby Bar – September 21: Pilots Call In Sick, Charge Your Phone at the Gate, the French Evolution
The Lobby Bar – A Weekly Summary of Frequent Business Traveler News and Views
American flights more delayed than before. Pilots taking sick days and retirement, along with “unscheduled maintenance” force the embattled airline to cut its schedule.
Jonathan Spira drives a Learjet: The 2013 Lincoln MKT EcoBoost.
Power shortage. Delta finally realizes why so many people sit on the floor next to a power outlet at the gate, does something about it.
Keeping up with the Hollandes. Air France refurbishing its long-haul first and business class cabins and overhauling the in-flight experience. Intra-EU and economy passengers get their cake too, with expedited status and better fares within Europe.
Missing summer already? Here is your last chance to win two tickets to South Africa, where summer is just ahead, on South African Airways in our contest.
Think all skyscrapers are filled with corner offices and cubicles? We stayed in an art-deco inspired hotel in one.
Sick of being blacked-out when you want to book an awards flight? Take our survey and tell us your biggest Frequent Flyer Award Redemption Pet Peeve!
- Lobby Bar – September 13: The Land of Lost Socks, Bowie-inspired Internet, and the Yellow-paved Road to Frankfurt
- Lobby Bar – September 27: Heavy Lifting, Evening Britishisms, Driving With God, and Who Runs the World?
- Lobby Bar – September 14: iPads in the Cockpit, Sleeplessness, Flyers Fail TSA
- Lobby Bar – September 19: When Cows Fly, Utopian Cars, Internet Truth Serum, and Propositions in Envelope
- Lobby Bar – January 31: Conference Call Mishaps, Revisiting College, and Zombie Airlines