Flying Blue Changes Awards Program for Intra-European Flights
For flights within Europe, including North Africa and Israel, Flying Blue has discontinued charging a separate fuel surcharge. Airport and security taxes and fees will continue to be collected.
In addition, the Flying Blue program is increasing the availability of award tickets within this region.
The price (in miles) for Classic Award tickets in Economy will remain the same. However, the number of miles required to purchase other tickets has been increased, in part to reflect the fuel surcharge inclusion.
The combined Air France/KLM network covers over 250 destinations in 124 countries including 11 U.S. cities. The Flying Blue frequent flyer program has over 19 million members and is one of the largest in Europe.
(Photo: Business-class lounge at Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport
- Frequent Flyer Program Award Redemption Satisfaction Survey
- Frequent Flyer Program Award Redemption Satisfaction: Which Airlines Soar Above the Rest?
- 2013 Frequent Flyer Program Award Redemption Satisfaction Survey
- Air France to Revamp First and Business in 777 Fleet
- Vote for the 2014 Frequent Business Traveler GlobeRunner Awards